Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chicken Recipe

I love to cook, although I have a pretty old-fashioned way of doing it, a methodology I owe to my dear mother, who is a true Maestro in the kitchen. After spending many an hour in the kitchen "eyeballing" (to use Rachel Ray's term) ingredients, improvising cake recipes, and making lunch while growing up (not to mention eating a lot), I have developed I love of cooking and frankly, feeding myself and others.

So here's something I recently whipped up, which is really nothing, but tastes yummy after a day at work and class spent blogging and/or thinking about blogging.

What you need:
A package of 4 skinless chicken breasts
Thai peanut marinating/dipping sauce
Ketchup or canned tomato sauce
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper
Salt
Garlic powder
Any hot sauce

Olive oil for cooking
A skillet
A spatula

What to do:
Cut up chicken into pieces slightly bigger than "bite-size" - about 1.5 in. Heat up a skillet/pan on medium-low and warm up about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it for a couple of minutes.

Toss in the cut chicken. It's particularly fun if it forms a big fat mound in your skillet. Then you get to un-mound it later. But be careful not to let it fall over the sides - this shouldn't happen unless you're using a dollhouse-sized skillet.

Add about (I say about because I "eyeball" it) - 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and salt to taste. Also add 2-3 tbsp ketchup or tomato sauce. Add in about 3 dashes of peanut sauce and hot sauce to taste. Yep - just throw it on top of the chicken. Stir.

The above are conservative numbers. If you eat prefer more flavor/spice, be my guest and sprinkle away. It also depends on how big/thick the chicken pieces are.

Time before you can dig in:
~15-20 mins. More if you like the chicken to be seared a bit in which case, raise the heat a little when adding ingredients and turn down before letting the chicken fully cook.

That's the first time I wrote a "recipe." Enjoy.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008