Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mt. Vesuvius Erupted

Wouldn't you know - I ended up back near Tom's yesterday. After a beautiful evening of sitar and tabla music at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (oh yeah, and wine and chicken and yummy risotto), my sister and I found our way to another Columbia favorite - Pertutti's. Only Pertutti's no longer exists. In its place is Campo. And it doesn't even have eggplant or chicken parm on the menu. What a disgrace.

Another disgrace? The lack of dessert options. During my time there, Pertutti's wasn't all that popular for its Italian food. The dessert, however, was truly divine. Especially the Mt. Vesuvius - cake? pie? mouse? mountain of goodness? Vesuvius was this amazing structure of chocolate upon chocolate, cake upon the chocolate, cheesecake upon the cake upon the chocolate, and even more chocolate to top everything off. It has erupted and is gone.

Let's hope this doesn't happen to Tom's, V&T's, or any other Columbia institution. The Hungarian Pastry shop is still also still there. In addition to Tom's, I may have to start frequenting the Hungarian as well.

I forget how students can afford pastries and coffee everyday while they study. Somebody remind me...

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008