Friday, September 26, 2008

Elettaria

Next to product (and oh yeah, subcontinental things, and books), another obsession is food. It's one of the few things in this world that is neither lovely nor awkward. Of course, of late it is highly contentious and political topic (I'm reading Pollan's work) as well, and now the premise for yet more reality shows. While I'm trying to be more informed about food and nutrition (really - another part of the many evolutions taking place on this site), the last thing I really care to do is critique it - if it looks good (although not necessary), smells good, has been prepared as hygienically as possible or as much as I allow myself to care, I'll pretty much eat just about anything. Hunger is usually not a precondition.

Since I have yet to explore NYC's many culinary delights, I'm of late trying to keep track of reviews and such so I can eventually visit them all - muhahahaha. Here's the latest from the NYT Restaurant Review - not the best review, but man, ribs coated in garam masala and crab meat resala sure sound good enough to me. Funny that this restaurant's name means cardamom in Latin - I sure have a things for all things elachi.


Elettaria @ W. 8th & MacDougal Streets

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008