Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Insert Drama [Here]; Press Esc To Quit

I have performed both commands rather successfully of late.

Don't be fooled by stories of LOL'ing to Jon Stewart and listening to bad Hindi music. I mean, that's the case about 90% of the time. The other 10%, there is some gradually unfolding soap opera/freak show in my life. Often, they unfold too slowly or are too internalized to bother discussing, but other times they are explosions of food bombs in my face and I don't know what just happened.

This past week? 2 food bombs. Not fun. Sounds like I should start scripting for The Hills. I know I'm being vague but I'm fielding questions from my sister and cousin, both of whom actually read this and request follow-ups.

But to balance it out, I also quietly and gracefully exited from another potentially sticky situation, and received a positive response for doing so. I just pressed the button and it was done! It was so gratifying - finally, something grown-up! Some maturity! Some mutual understanding! If departures can be that amicable, I should orchestrate them more often to retain some faith in the world.

Not to say that a little drama (and then some) isn't kind of fun every now and then. Actually, it's a lot of fun. It simultaneously makes me want to cry, wring my hands in the air, and giggle.

Life is too short not to try all 3 at once.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008