Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Almost Missed a Flight On Account of Chipotle Sauce

Yes, only me. After a whirlwind trip to Austin, Texas this past weekend, I almost ruined it on account of chipotle sauce. While I hadn't seen one of my closest friends from college since we graduated, and visiting a red state in this day and age seemed akin to visiting a museum in a galaxy far, far away, my real quest was hot sauce. Sorry, Diddy.

Of course, I didn't really have the chance to indulge in this new way of preoccuyping myself when I'm bored with life, until, of course, the 30 minutes before our return flight.

I was supposed to go to the bathroom. Then I stopped to buy a magazine. Since I already had Marie Claire and Lucky, it was a tough call between Elle and Bazaar. Then I spotted some bottles of hot sauce. Mission accomplished! But no. It wasn't the right kind. They were all of the tobasco variety and I wanted something more hearty. I moved on.

On my way back to my waiting friend, J, I found another magazine I wanted. This time it was between Newsweek and The New Yorker. Obama, or no Obama? Hmm....There was also a new addition to the Texan food souvenirs - chipotle sauce. Also present - a helluva long line. But I waited. And waited.

By this time, I had one missed call and 2 text messages from J. When I finally met up with him, he was waiting outside an airport cafe with all of our bags and looking slightly perplexed. We had about 15 minutes until our flight. We just made it. Whew.

Except now, I don't think J, or anyone else, will ever let me go to the bathroom by myself.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008