Friday, February 6, 2009

NYDidi & Me - Personality Profile

A little while ago, I wrote briefly about a new site South Asian matchmaking site called NY Didi - read here. Some of my criticisms may have been harsh, and so I wanted to acknowledge the creator's obvious thought and effort in building this service - only meant to say that it may not be for someone like me and many of those I know. However, being the glass-full kinda person that I am, and being I'm drawn to things I don't wish to be drawn to, I checked out the site and completed a personality test. Here are the results:

To begin your journey towards marriage, it's important to see where to start. And as we always say, know thyself. So here goes: You are romantic and idealistic. Your kindness and loyalty is valued by those that are lucky enough to know you. You are spontaneous and fun loving. Thinking for yourself and making your own decisions is very important to you. The idea that there is one person out there for everyone inspires you to do your best to find that person.


Of course, nobody is an island, and your community defines so much of who you are. You think it’s important that the leaders of our country have a strong moral foundation. When you spend time around those that are hardworking and loyal, you feel right at home. You understand that marriage is about families joining together to keep traditions alive.


Everyone brings certain hopes and dreams with them to the future, so it’s important to identify what they are so that you can achieve them. You are ready to start meeting people to find the right one to share your life with. You understand that a true loving friendship is the basis of a happy marriage. It seems like you are ready to make a mature commitment to a happy marriage. Marriage is a process of growing together and you are willing to put forth the effort to make it work. You know that happiness in life means having companionship and friendship. Nothing is more infectious than happiness, and you will bring a great zest for life to your marriage. You are ready to create a marriage that reflects who you truly are, and I can tell you now that it will be well worth it when you and your partner open up to each other and form a deep bond.


Now it’s time to find a partner who can help you achieve your life vision. There is nothing more important than who you choose to spend the rest of your life with. So let’s make sure that we think it through. You already know the most important thing for a successful marriage; you are a good listener and you know how to be a friend. It is great that you are aware that structure and discipline are essential to being a good parent. But don’t forget, kids need lots of love too. You are a little messy sometimes. Who can blame you when there are so many more interesting things to do? But remember, when you begin a family you will have to figure out how to juggle even more obligations. You will bring great wisdom to your marriage because you already understand that each twist and turn in life gives you an opportunity to grow.


It kind of saddens me that I'm romantic and an idealist because I try oh-so hard not be. I am also certainly "a little messy" sometimes, but I'm not quite sure in what context this profile is referring to - it could potentially be many. I also find it a little disturbing that I am so defined by my community, because at the heart of it, I really don't think I am. Then again, everyone likes to think they are an island so I should probably just get over myself.

Now, I actually contemplated joining NYDidi. Hey, I'm already on Match.com, so what's the difference? Everyone I met on Match was also a young Indian professional from NY/NJ, and this site won't be doing much but narrowing the field a little bit more. However, I'm on a break from Match for various reasons (which I never quite seem to get to on this thing), and decided that NYDidi was just too much to handle right now.

It could be interesting for those who try it, and I'd love to hear more about NYDidi's progress - you are more than welcome to keep us posted!

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008