Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Frugal, Friendly, Female Traveler

One of the things I have not done enough of in life - travel. It's a real pity, and completely, totally, utterly my own fault. Amazingly though, wanderlust hasn't really hit me yet, but I think I'm getting there. And while I would love to share my future experiences with someone, I think it would do me some good to do a little traveling on my own first.

I have no reservations about this, but did wonder if I should feel any restraint about the more exotic destinations that might friends and family might gasp at if I ventured alone. To tell you the truth, while I'm rather adventurous, some unfortunate good sense has always kept me a bit on the safer side of things, especially as a woman. So when I read Q&A with Beth Whitman, a Woman's Perspective on Solo Travel in the NYT, I felt a bit reassured about all potential a future trip holds for me.

So, where to? That's the real question, and I'll have to think hard about it. My friend K has what amounts to a world tour planned for us, but I think a few baby steps would help first.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008