Monday, December 1, 2008

Kodak Moment, Biodata In The Making

I wore a blue sari to a wedding reception and had 2 biodata photos taken.

My aunt (one of many) said that it is rare to have a biodata/Kodak moment. So I violently shook my head a few times, then grinned sheepishly, then smiled for the camera. My uncle is already planning a pre-wedding event, the venue for which is his ginormous back lawn.

I don't know if I am insulted that this was one of the few times they were so eager to take my picture and pimp me out or flattered that I managed to impress them.

3 glasses of wine later, I was eyeing the best man (also my cousin's best friend) and contemplating following him around. My other cousin (jeez, why are there so many?) offered to help me out and walk around aimlessly. In the end, we both just ended up getting more wine and dancing with our various uncles since all the young men were having too much fun dancing by themselves.

A pseudo-cousin challenged me to go one month without complaining about all this interest in my love life, potential marriage, and childbearing abilities. In the same breath, he asked why I was single since I am apparently so great.

I think I'm about to vomit and commit myself somewhere but I really have to make it through the next 3 weeks without losing it. Help.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

sumania - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008